Wow, I just logged in and see I last posted one year ago today, on Jan. 27, 2009. Funny, it didn't seem like a year whenever I thought I should post again. I guess time really does fly when you're having fun, which I have been, as silly as that might sound.
Today we went to the doctor for G's 18-month-old check up. He weighs 26 pounds, 2 ounces, and measures 33 inches tall. Dr. Kash said he's very impressed with his development, and he thinks he's about 6 months advanced for his age. I'm a little surprised to hear that, because he seems pretty normal to us. For comparison, Dr. Kash said a typical 18-month old says six words. G says the following words:
- Meow-Meow (that's the cat, who's name has officially been changed)
- door-door (not sure why he always says it twice, but he does, usually as he opens and shuts the bedroom door)
- nana (that's what he calls banana and really, food in general)
- be (that's what he calls a ball)
- cold-cold (that's what he calls ice cream)
- brrr (he says that whenever you mention it's cold out or he's feeling chilly)
In addition, he makes the following animal sounds, which count as words:
- woof (following by panting)
- quack quack
- bock bock
- cheep cheep
- oink (well, it's really a cough, because he can't make a snort noise, but he does it consistently for a pig)
- roar (for a lion)
- grrr (for a bear)
- snap snap (for a shark)
- ooo aaa (for a monkey)
We also use a little bit of sign language, and he can use the following signs:
- all done
- thank you
He knows the following body parts:
- mustache (not his, of course)
His favorite activity is reading books. He'll read books all day if you're willing. I usually put a few books in bed with him so he can look at them himself before he falls asleep and when he wakes up.
G and his dad have been drawing a lot, and he's getting very good at scribbling on all sorts of papers using pens, pencils and crayons, and he loves it.
He seems to have excellent vision and hearing and loves to point out planes and birds. He's also fascinated with the moon and points it out to us whenever he sees it. He eats with a fork and spoon and does pretty well. I have wiped spinach off the wall behind his high chair recently, but overall it isn't too bad. In fact, he did really well with his cake and ice cream tonight.